Nutritional Training for Care Homes
My training is suitable for any care home looking for bespoke training customised to your organisational needs. It focuses on pragmatic advice and practical solutions that will improve the nutritional wellbeing of your residents.
Some of the topics covered within the training:
- An introduction to the basics of good nutrition (and how to implement them).
- MUST training.
- Allergy and food intolerance awareness.
- Guidance on menu planning and menu analysis.
- Fortifying food: advice on high-calorie snacks and nourishing drinks.
- The role of oral nutritional supplements and food first.
- Meeting religious, ethnic, and cultural dietary requirements.
- Managing therapeutic diets (such as modified textures, low fibre, low GI, and low FODMAP).
- Appropriate portion control (based on individual needs).
- Managing weight through nutrition.
Upon completion of any training, training materials and certificates of attendance can be provided for Continuing Professional Development records.
Keen to find out how this could benefit your care home? Get in touch so we can talk about how we can help.