- I am a UK Registered Dietitian with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) and I am a member of the British Dietetic Association (BDA).
- I aim to use my scientific knowledge, clinical skills and expertise as a dietitian in an accurate and professionally responsible manner.
- Transparency is important in social media as is ethics in any writing or reporting.
- I never make or support unjustifiable statements relating to particular products (as per HCPC & BDA guidelines) or promote one product over another (as per food industry regulations).
- The advice given on this website is aimed at the adult general public and should not be used as an alternative to personally tailored advice given by your own dietitian, doctor or nurse.
- All of the opinions on this website are my own and are 100% honest but you have the right to know if I have accepted money or ‘freebies’ (samples) in the process of formulating those views (as per the Internet Advertising Bureau: IAB guidelines).
- It is my policy to only accept compensation from companies I believe in and would already buy myself from/recommend.
- A product mention or feature does not imply endorsement or recommendation of the product in question.
- Any sponsorship or other forms of compensation are clearly marked and will never influence the content, topic or posts on this site.
- My aim is to motivate and inspire others to lead healthier happy lives and help build healthy relationship with food, one step at a time. I do this by writing blogs and offering personalised advice.
- I promote all foods to be eaten in moderation as a part of a healthy balanced diet.
- I believe that variety is the spice of life and that foods cannot be classed as ‘good’ and ‘bad’.
- I promote healthy lifestyles as a way of life, rather than fad/short-term diets.
Product/Service Reviews & Features
- I only ever review or feature products/services which I personally would buy and that I believe, as a dietitian, could enhance the health, well-being and/or diet variety of my readers.
- Any reviews of products are based on my personal preference (taste) and a nutrition assessment based on my professional observation and training as a registered dietitian.
- Any rewards e.g. samples received, do not play a part in the products and services featured/used or statements written on this blog (as per HCPC & BDA guidelines).
- If I do not like a product, rather than write a negative review, I will not feature it on my blog. I cannot and will not be swayed by incentives of any form.
- If a product doesn’t fit with my philosophy, has claims based on pseudoscience ,or (in my opinion) will not enhance the wellbeing of my readers (e.g. diet pills, junk food etc.) I won’t feature it. I cannot and will not be swayed by incentives of any kind.
Sponsored Blog Posts
- If the end of a blog post is marked as “sponsored/inspired by..”, “in collaboration with..” or “featured”, a company has compensated me either via money, a gift, or something else of value for the time taken to write it. Regardless, all comments are my own, are 100% honest and are not influenced by the incentive.
- Any rewards received do not play a part in the products and services featured/used or statements written on this blog (as per HCPC & BDA guidelines).
- I decline sponsored blog posts from companies that I do not believe will enhance the wellbeing of my readers e.g. has claims based on pseudoscience. I cannot and will not be swayed by incentives of any kind.
- On social media, #Sp gives reference to a sponsored blog post if the company is mentioned within the status.
Advertising & Twitter
- There are currently no ‘adverts’ on this blog.
- If I tweet a link to a blog post that has either been ‘sponsored’ or if I have received a reward, be that financial or a gift of value for the time taken to write the blog, then I will tweet the link to that blog post followed by #ad (as per IAB Guidelines).
Free Free Recipes/Special Diets
- If you have been diagnosed with coeliac disease, you will need to follow a gluten-free diet.
- I myself am Lactose free and have followed Low FODMAP diet for IBS ,this is where my interest stems from. I specialise in free from and also low fodmap diets for IBS.
- If you are following a gluten free diet /any other free from diet ,I recommend you follow personal advice provided to you by your doctor, nurse and dietitian. Free Recipes